The employment team at Cozens-Hardy understands the practical realities of employing people - and the pragmatic decisions that sometimes need to be made.
We have significant expertise and interest in the employment law field and have experience of advising businesses of all sizes in all sectors of the market.
Please note that we are pleased to offer fixed fee support packages where appropriate for your business.
The employment relationship is one that is being increasingly governed by statute. The consequences for employers who fail to comply with statutory rules and procedures can be disastrous. If you seek advice early, our aim is to prevent matters ever reaching a court or Employment Tribunal.
However, if you are unfortunate enough to find your business facing an Employment Tribunal claim, we have the experience and skill to represent you effectively and to give you the edge in the Tribunal.
The comprehensive range of services that we are able to offer employers includes:
- Employment contracts - both drafting them and enforcing them when they are broken
- Drafting and reviewing employment documentation such as staff handbooks, contracts and disciplinary and grievance policies
- Professional guidance through internal procedures such as disciplinary, dismissal and grievance procedures
- Detailed guidance on maternity and paternity rights including flexible working requests
- Advising on redundancies and redundancy procedure
- Representation in defending all Employment Tribunal claims including unfair dismissal, equal pay claims and all types of discrimination claims
- Settlement Agreements
- Business transfers